My purpose in life is to help people unlock their potential to achieve success
I believe that the capability to do this is in everyone, it’s just that sometimes we need a little help to get there.
I am an experienced professional who enjoys working with individuals and teams supporting them to create positive change in order to reach their goals.
Each of us has many roles in life that make up who we are. I strongly believe in coaching the ‘whole’ person, not just the ‘business person’, ‘parent’ or ‘partner’.
Where possible, I like to take a walk in the fresh air with clients. It gives an opportunity to move away from the constraints of the office and to add the freeing benefits of nature and exercise to conversations.
My Values and Beliefs
Be The Change
I believe it is important that I model what I hope for from others.
I cannot expect my clients to be honest and open if I am not. I cannot expect my clients to critically self-reflect if I do not and I cannot expect my clients to make time for their development if I do not.
Honesty is vital in a trusting relationship. I hold myself accountable for sharing honest and objective insights and observations with my clients. I do this from a place of positive intent and a desire to supportively work out the next steps.
Working in Partnership
I do not hold all the answers and neither do my clients, but together it is a journey to find them.
Each person, team and business is different. There is no one size fits all solution. Every intervention I make is designed to reflect this.
Most recently I held the position of Coaching and Team Performance Director at Mars Inc. I have had the privilege of working with our senior leaders to help them build successful teams who can deal with all the pressures that come from working in business today, whilst still engaging others and delivering results. My role involved coaching executives on a one to one basis to help them achieve their full leadership potential.
I also know what it is like to work in a commercial role. My career in business began in Sales, moved into Category Management and then into National Accounts managing Waitrose & Sainsburys.
In 2011/12 I took a year out from business to take part in the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race. I raced in aid of Cancer Research, contributing 100% of my sponsorship money to the cause. Not only was the year valuable in terms of a change of perspective after 12 years in business, it also gave me the opportunity to learn a great deal about my capabilities, boundaries, values and performance under extreme pressure.
- I take a person centred approach to my work. I believe that leaders have all the resources they need to address the issues that seem most challenging and that my role is to support them unlock their potential or explore what is holding them back.
- I firmly believe that the responsibility for change lies with the client.
- For me, coaching is not a process, it is about holding a safe space for exploration, learning and change.
- I bring my whole self to the coaching relationship; honest, open and vulnerable. I cannot expect my clients to be this if I do not model the way.
- I am brave and honest. I ask direct questions, seek truthful answers and share observations.
- Being congruent and having a positive relationship with my clients is important to my work. If I do not feel that I am the right person to help then I will suggest someone else.
To view provider and course details, please click headings.
- MSc (merit) in Executive Coaching with Ashridge
- EMCC accredited Senior Practitioner in Coaching; trained with Ashridge
- Emotional Intelligence Profiling & Coaching; ECR report Roche Martin
- MBTI Step I & II, trained with OPP
- Firo, trained with OPP
- NLP Business & Master Practitioner, trained with Sue Knight
- NLP Trainer, trained with Sue Knight
- Situational Leadership, trained with Ken Blanchard
- Situational Leadership for Teams, trained with Ken Blanchard
- Lominger Competencies
- Running Effective Meetings, trained with Grove Consultancy
- Advanced Facilitation Skills, trained with Grove Consultancy
- Voices Feedback Coach, trained with Korn Ferry